About Me

Many years of drawing and painting portraits lead to cramped creativity. The years of producing work "to please the customer" weighed on my desire to design tactile permanent pieces simply for the real pleasure it gives me. My first freeing step was to produce large designs in rough cut steel to be installed on the outside of buildings. I later moved indoors working in sheets of sterling silver to create jewelry. Finding the silver work more gratifying than steel, I am pleased that people enjoy my jewelry. I make my own stamping tools and hammer most surfaces, finishing with steel wool or polishing to a high shine. My husband, Leigh, and I sell my work at the juried shows we are invited to all across the U.S. Email for prices and information please swadeworks@gmail.com

Friday, October 1, 2010

October Update


We are at home in Texas for most of the month! It feels great to sleep in our comfortable bed, to cook on our stove, and to work in my studio at my cluttered bench! I just finished a new piece this am that I want to share. That's it with the copper and brass accents and the beautiful jasper.

Our shows this month are in within 100 miles of home. The first is our local show in Edom, TX just south east of Tyler called The Edom Art Festival October 16 and 17, the second one is Huffhines Art Trails in Richardson, TX October 23 and 24. Both shows are very comfortable to attend - lots of parking, both is lovely park settings. Edom is a small captivating arts community which makes it a nice weekend destination, along with newly enlivened Ben Wheeler just a few miles up the road with The Flying Fish Gallery, a music venue, friendly folks and dogs. My work is in The Flying Fish with lots of other artists pieces.

November will find us in Pensacola, Florida for the Great Gulf Coast Art Show taking place Nov. 5, 6 and 7. The next weekend we'll be in Covington, LA for the Three Rivers Art Festival. Both shows are wonderful with amazing attendance, and very high quality art.

1 comment:

Red said...

I love your work. Welcome back to Texas. Incidentally we just moved back ourselves. ;-)