About Me

Many years of drawing and painting portraits lead to cramped creativity. The years of producing work "to please the customer" weighed on my desire to design tactile permanent pieces simply for the real pleasure it gives me. My first freeing step was to produce large designs in rough cut steel to be installed on the outside of buildings. I later moved indoors working in sheets of sterling silver to create jewelry. Finding the silver work more gratifying than steel, I am pleased that people enjoy my jewelry. I make my own stamping tools and hammer most surfaces, finishing with steel wool or polishing to a high shine. My husband, Leigh, and I sell my work at the juried shows we are invited to all across the U.S. Email for prices and information please swadeworks@gmail.com

Friday, July 29, 2011

Some new things, some sold already, some not...





The copper and silver pendant is reversible.  I have made a several reversibles and they sell almost immediately.  Copper sheet is stamped on one side with a design that is related to the stamped motif on the "front" silver layer and creates a mat to set off the design. A frame of silver is cut out to enhance the copper side then I make silver rivets to connect all three layers. The bail is soldered in place on this pendant. 

Of the three bracelets the one I still have is in the bottom photo. It has a panoramic landscape of trees and distant mountains all around.  The stone is magnesite and reminds me of a tree.

Our next show is in Lexington, KY at Woodland Park on August 20-21.  This our third year to participate and we are happy to return.

August 27  Lakewood Summer Art Faire  at Lakewood Methodist Church in Dallas, TX
August 10-11  Art and Apples  Rochester, MI
August 17-18  Mosaic Art Festival   St. Charles, MO
August 24-25  Lincoln Art Festival    Lincoln, NE
October 1-4  Red River Revel   Shreveport, LA
October 15-16  ARToberFEST   Galveston, TX
October 29-30  Destin Art Festival   Destin, FL
November 5-6 Dunedin Art Festival or Harvest Art Festival of Clermont ~ pending acceptance

I'll be back in my studio catching up on custom orders by August 10th, and adding to my inventory for the fall rush of shows.

1 comment:

Daggi Wallace said...

Sally, it was great meeting you and your husband at the Lakewood Summer Arts Faire. I LOVE your work! If you are ever interested in trading a piece with one of mine, let me know :)
Take care,
Daggi Wallace
http://www.daggistudio.com
http://www.moniskids.org