About Me

Many years of drawing and painting portraits lead to cramped creativity. The years of producing work "to please the customer" weighed on my desire to design tactile permanent pieces simply for the real pleasure it gives me. My first freeing step was to produce large designs in rough cut steel to be installed on the outside of buildings. I later moved indoors working in sheets of sterling silver to create jewelry. Finding the silver work more gratifying than steel, I am pleased that people enjoy my jewelry. I make my own stamping tools and hammer most surfaces, finishing with steel wool or polishing to a high shine. My husband, Leigh, and I sell my work at the juried shows we are invited to all across the U.S. Email for prices and information please swadeworks@gmail.com

Monday, November 14, 2011

What a Year!

Out of the twenty shows we participated in this last season I was honored with five awards!  It is so nice to know my work is not only appreciated by my stylish customers, but also competent jurors.

There are two events coming up for me.  I will be demonstrating for an art association near Dallas this month which I am looking forward to, and then for the first time I will be showing at the Dallas Market Center at a one-of-a-kind wholesale show. There's a lot of work to do in getting my "samples" ready and redesigning a booth.  I'll let you know how the wholesale show goes.

We're done with our out of town shows until March!  It is nice to go to the grocery store and buy flour, sugar, and enough food to last a while!  Cooking at home is such a treat.  When we are home only for a few days at a time I don't get into the swing of homemaking.  So, now it's time to gear up for guests and Thanksgiving, a trip to see our kids in California and then wonderful Christmas.

No comments: