About Me

Many years of drawing and painting portraits lead to cramped creativity. The years of producing work "to please the customer" weighed on my desire to design tactile permanent pieces simply for the real pleasure it gives me. My first freeing step was to produce large designs in rough cut steel to be installed on the outside of buildings. I later moved indoors working in sheets of sterling silver to create jewelry. Finding the silver work more gratifying than steel, I am pleased that people enjoy my jewelry. I make my own stamping tools and hammer most surfaces, finishing with steel wool or polishing to a high shine. My husband, Leigh, and I sell my work at the juried shows we are invited to all across the U.S. Email for prices and information please swadeworks@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 29, 2014


I am busier this show season than ever (or I'm just getting older and slowing down).
The Octopus necklace is my largest piece yet at about 6" tall and 5" across. It was a custom order from an extraordinary woman who is very into deep sea fishing. She has ordered barrettes that have been fun to make that feature sea creatures as well.
Along this same line I have planned a mermaid, a deer in the woods, a horse with flowing mane, and a possible eagle.   All those designs I envision being simplified and stylized. Let's hope I get to them soon! A lot of shows are coming up at warp speed.

Show List ~ August through November

8/15-16     Lexington, KY Woodland Park

8/ 23-24    Columbus, IN

8/30-31     Bloomington, IN 4th Street Festival of Art

9/6-7         Bowling Green, OH  Black Swamp

9/13-14     Wichita, KS  Autumn and Art

9/20-21     Leesburg, VA

9/27-28     Nashville, TN  Centennial Park

10/11-12   Lees Summit, MO  Pending Notification

10/18-19   Edom, TX  Edom Festival of Art

11/8-9       Winnsboro, TX

11/15-16   Covington, LA  Three Rivers Arts Festival

1 comment:

txrosegirl said...

Sally, the octopus is amazing! What a stunning piece- I bet she loved it. Cant' wait to see the other designs. :)