About Me

Many years of drawing and painting portraits lead to cramped creativity. The years of producing work "to please the customer" weighed on my desire to design tactile permanent pieces simply for the real pleasure it gives me. My first freeing step was to produce large designs in rough cut steel to be installed on the outside of buildings. I later moved indoors working in sheets of sterling silver to create jewelry. Finding the silver work more gratifying than steel, I am pleased that people enjoy my jewelry. I make my own stamping tools and hammer most surfaces, finishing with steel wool or polishing to a high shine. My husband, Leigh, and I sell my work at the juried shows we are invited to all across the U.S. Email for prices and information please swadeworks@gmail.com

Friday, April 2, 2010

Time to post my show schedule for this spring and early summer has rolled around. We leave for our first show April 20 and then our zig zag across the U.S. will begin for the forth year.

April 24-25 Alpharetta Street Arts Alpharetta, GA
May 1-2 Fest For All Baton Rouge, LA
May 13-16 Tulsa Mayfest Tulsa, Oklahoma
May 22-23 Renaissance Art Festival Jackson, MS
May 29 Demonstration at Flying Fish Gallery in Ben Wheeler, TX
June 4-6 Fredrick Festival of Art Fredrick, MD
June 17-20 Boardwalk Art Show Virginia Beach, VA
June 26-27 Crosby Art Festival Toledo, Ohio
July 3-4 Rockport Art Festival Rockport, TX
Shows pending
August 14-15 Morning Glory Art Festival Milwaukee, WS
Shows pending
September 10-11 Art and Apples Rochester, MI
Shows pending

Applying for more to fill in our year!



2 comments:

Teresa Buchanan said...

Hi Sally

I bought a couple of pieces from you this year and I bought several in 2009 @ Tulsa's Mayfest. While I was there I tried on a bracelet called Genesis. I have thought about that bracelet every day and regretted not getting while I was there. I am wondering do you still have this piece and if so how can I purchase it. I can be contacted @ teelbee55@yahoo.com.

Sincerely

Teresa Buchanan

Teresa Buchanan said...

Hi Sally

I bought a couple of pieces from you this year and I bought several in 2009 @ Tulsa's Mayfest. While I was there I tried on a bracelet called Genesis. I have thought about that bracelet every day and regretted not getting while I was there. I am wondering do you still have this piece and if so how can I purchase it. I can be contacted @ teelbee55@yahoo.com.

Sincerely

Teresa Buchanan