About Me

Many years of drawing and painting portraits lead to cramped creativity. The years of producing work "to please the customer" weighed on my desire to design tactile permanent pieces simply for the real pleasure it gives me. My first freeing step was to produce large designs in rough cut steel to be installed on the outside of buildings. I later moved indoors working in sheets of sterling silver to create jewelry. Finding the silver work more gratifying than steel, I am pleased that people enjoy my jewelry. I make my own stamping tools and hammer most surfaces, finishing with steel wool or polishing to a high shine. My husband, Leigh, and I sell my work at the juried shows we are invited to all across the U.S. Email for prices and information please swadeworks@gmail.com

Monday, July 12, 2010


We have just come home off the road and it is nice to see the family and horses! Six weeks seems like a long time with a grandson who has just turned one. So many changes in just six weeks.

Our shows have been wonderful. Each show has surprised us with the number of return and new customers, so if you are one, thank you very much. Rockport, TX was our last show for a while. We will resume traveling to shows in August beginning with the Morning Glory Fine Craft Show in Milwaukee, WI, then Woodlands Fine Art in Lexington, KY (where the world's horse exhibition is taking place!!), then to my old home state of Penna. for the Kipona Festival in Harrisburg over Labor Day weekend. We have three shows in September, three in October and one in November - The Great Gulf Shore Show in Pensacola, FL. which we loved being a part of last year.

We had an incredible thing happen. On our way to the Fredrick, MD show at the beginning of June we were traveling east on I-40 through Nashville, TN at 12:30 am. I was asleep, Leigh was going about 65 mph. We came around a curve and had no time to come to a complete stop before running into cars that were blocking the entire three lanes and the left shoulder because of a wreck that happens moments before we came up on it. Our truck (new to us with only 25,000 mi. on it) and our 4X6 trailer were totaled. By the grace of God not one person was hurt. The folks we hit were not hurt, bystanders were not hurt, we were not hurt, and our darling Rip, 90 lb. German Shepherd, was not hurt! Airbags have powder in them that is not good to breath, but they sure were welcome. ......And, not a thing was destroyed in our trailer that was off the ball and on its side! No broken show case glass, etc. Leigh is a good packer!

Everything has been settled, no tickets were issued, insurance companies were merciful, and we now own "The Minnow", a silver Honda Odyssey that is so roomy. The new trailer will come along after we get the minnow's towing package installed. Did you know Odysseys have a towing capacity of 3500 lbs.? We won't need all that, but it's good to know how stout they are.

2 comments:

Red said...

Glad you were all safe. Sure enjoyed your show in Baton Rouge.

jEaN said...

Hi Sally! I really enjoyed meeting you in Harrisburg this weekend. Your jewelry is so unique - I LOVE your designs! I am sorry you decided not to do this show again, but I can also understand why. I'll follow your blog & hope that you'll do another local show, maybe Long's Park which is on the same weekend. I think you'd do really well there!
Jean