About Me

Many years of drawing and painting portraits lead to cramped creativity. The years of producing work "to please the customer" weighed on my desire to design tactile permanent pieces simply for the real pleasure it gives me. My first freeing step was to produce large designs in rough cut steel to be installed on the outside of buildings. I later moved indoors working in sheets of sterling silver to create jewelry. Finding the silver work more gratifying than steel, I am pleased that people enjoy my jewelry. I make my own stamping tools and hammer most surfaces, finishing with steel wool or polishing to a high shine. My husband, Leigh, and I sell my work at the juried shows we are invited to all across the U.S. Email for prices and information please swadeworks@gmail.com

Monday, July 22, 2013

   I'm sharing some time with my sisters for the next week or so. A trip is planned to NYC for some sight seeing and art museum going, then to a show on our last day there. With all the time my husband and I spend on the road traveling from show to show this will be a different form of vacation!
   Our show season is well under way. I was so pleased to be in the Prairie Village Art Festival in the Kansas City area in June! All of our new shows have been good experiences. A couple of them were not well attended due to high heat, but we had a wonderful and hot time with other artists near us!
   One of those shows was this past weekend in Ann Arbor. What an enormous number of artists in one town. There are four shows all flowing one into another. In spite of so many artists setting up at the beginning and tearing down at the end there was order and calm. Very impressive show except for the heat! Oh, and I had a sunglasses salesman on one side which made me nervous (very irregular for a fine art show) until I got to know him a little and found him to be genuinely funny and friendly!
   Our next show is in Lexington, KY at Woodland Park August 17-18. If you are in the area come and see us in booth 142 near the children's area and in the shade of a huge tree!


This was our camp site for the Boardwalk Show in Virginia Beach. We stay at First Landing State Park each year and set up our "house" tent, and my "shop" tent on the right. I had two days to make more jewelry before the show started, so was ready with lots of new pieces!

No comments: