About Me

Many years of drawing and painting portraits lead to cramped creativity. The years of producing work "to please the customer" weighed on my desire to design tactile permanent pieces simply for the real pleasure it gives me. My first freeing step was to produce large designs in rough cut steel to be installed on the outside of buildings. I later moved indoors working in sheets of sterling silver to create jewelry. Finding the silver work more gratifying than steel, I am pleased that people enjoy my jewelry. I make my own stamping tools and hammer most surfaces, finishing with steel wool or polishing to a high shine. My husband, Leigh, and I sell my work at the juried shows we are invited to all across the U.S. Email for prices and information please swadeworks@gmail.com

Tuesday, August 8, 2017


BOY, HOWDY!

As they say in Texas, and probably other states, "Boy, Howdy!", which in this case means a sceptical "wow...".

I apologize for not getting back to this blog at all until today, August 8, 2017.  So, if you've been frustrated by lack of new images, it's all my fault!

I found a faster  and easier way to show my work ~ on Instagram.

If you don't want the APP on your phone or tablet here's an option... go to www.instagram.com then in the search line type @swadeworks and my posts will pop up.  You can follow me easily by clicking on the word "follow".  I can see my IG account on my laptop that way, but normally use my phone.

On @swadeworks you'll get to see lots of new pieces and also little slices of my home life including my new horse with me on her! We are slowing down to fewer art shows, and the following are our last shows until next spring:

Mellwood Art Center Show in Louisville, KY  on Sept 9 and 10

Autumn and Art in Wichita, KS  on Sept 15, 16 and 17

Tennesse Fall Craft Festival in Nashville, TN  on Sept 22, 23 and 24 Sept

St. James Court Forth Street Section in Louisville, KY on Oct 6, 7 and 8

Port Warwick Sculpture Garden in Newport News, VA on Oct 14 and 15

My email is swadeworks@gmail.com, and my phone number is 903 312-6827 should you want to contact me.