About Me

Many years of drawing and painting portraits lead to cramped creativity. The years of producing work "to please the customer" weighed on my desire to design tactile permanent pieces simply for the real pleasure it gives me. My first freeing step was to produce large designs in rough cut steel to be installed on the outside of buildings. I later moved indoors working in sheets of sterling silver to create jewelry. Finding the silver work more gratifying than steel, I am pleased that people enjoy my jewelry. I make my own stamping tools and hammer most surfaces, finishing with steel wool or polishing to a high shine. My husband, Leigh, and I sell my work at the juried shows we are invited to all across the U.S. Email for prices and information please swadeworks@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Hello! 

It's been a year since I posted last because of our message concerning orders made last year before our trailer was stolen. We were able to participate in all but one show we were in last summer and fall, so did our best to "catch" people who made orders. I had a sign in my booth to alert anyone who had ordered from me ~ no takers ~ which was so sad for me!

I'll be posting a lot of new work completed last year for you to see.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! We are so grateful to God for picking us up and supplying our needs completely after the loss of our packed-to-the-top trailer. As it says in the Old Testament, "His mercies are new every morning....", and "His is faithful...", and so many more lovely statements we have found to be true.

The photos of newer work are coming after Thanksgiving, and photos of my very dear mare who is going into training in a week or so to be grandchildren ready!

Sally


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sally!
I have been trying to find your contact information, but have been unable. I am interested in ordering a ring for my mother for Christmas. We met you in Madison, MS this summer at an art show in Renaissance.
My email is murraycaroline75@gmail.com
Thank you :)
Caroline